- Various analyses such as micro analysis and image analysis are possible with many kinds of analytical apparatus and technology.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
- Fourier Transform-Infrared spectrophotometer (FT-IR)
- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
- Size exclusion chromatography-multi angle laser light scattering (SEC-MALS)
- Liquid chromatography (LC)
- Scanning electric microscope-energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (SEM-EDX)
- Optical microscopes
- Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Thermogravimetry (TG)
- Thermomechanical analysis (TMA)
Analysis of Calcium carbonate-filled paper with SEM-EDX
SEM-EDX enables visualization of element distribution as well as observation of material surface with high magnification. Following pictures are SEM image of pulp fiber on paper surface (left) and the distribution of calcium carbonate at the same visual field obtained by EDX (right).